Shoalhaven 2040 – Local Strategic Planning Statement
Shoalhaven 2040 identifies the land-use planning work Council needs to do to understand and meet the communities’ needs over the next 20-years. It anticipates how the City might change and outlines the work required to manage development and the delivery of infrastructure and services.
It addresses a broad range of topics, including:
· The number, type, and location of new homes.
· Provision of infrastructure and services.
· Job creation and economic growth.
· Protecting and adapting to our environment.
· Enhancing our heritage, landscapes, and neighbourhoods.”
The draft document is on public exhibition until 31 July. See >> Key Planning Priorities
The Forum Committee believes it is very important that as a community we inform Council of our views on the key issues and how we want them to be addressed. We have prepared the following Submission –
The Berry Strategic Plan is available here >> Berry Strategic Plan
Infrastructure & Facilities – Provide a high level of well maintained infrastructure and facilities
- Plan and prioritise cycle and walking paths
- Prepare a Street Tree Master Plan and undertake planting
- Explore options for more parking, toilets, kerbs & guttering, telecoms
- Improve appearance of town entry
- Preserve and improve public heritage buildings, swimming pool, youth facilities
Sustainability – Establish Berry as an environmentally aware community with sustainable practices
- Advocate for green waste bins collection and recycle bins in public places
- Encourage local food production and promotion
- Promote work of bush care, land care and park care groups
- Advocate for better public transport