Minutes for the Berry Forum Committee Meeting
Meeting on 13 September 2021 at 8.30am via Zoom
Present: David Carter (Chair), Stuart Coughlan, David Brawn, Ian Hendry, Geoff Armstrong and Heather Macdonald, Laurie Watson.
Apologies: Gail Paton, John Underwood, James Robinson, Garry Broadbridge, John Cullity, Mary Beare.
Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 9 August 2021. Approved
Actions arising from the Minutes – None
Planning & Development
- The rezoning of large lots at Huntingdale has been confirmed, but the developer of 52 Parker Cr has not submitted a DA for subdivision.
- Protecting Berry’s Character – a new group is being established to defend Berry’s historic character. We will provide support and assist with community communications.
- Agritourism Proposal – the DPIE has been asked to explain why CCBs were not formally requested to provide feedback on proposed initiatives.
Infrastructure & Facilities
- Queen Street crossings – the Chamber has requested support with gauging community support for an Option 3 – moving the western crossing further west to Edward Street.
- Dog tidy infrastructure – we have indicated our support for the request that Council provide dog tidy infrastructure.
- Edward St bridge – work expected to commence in November.
Environment & Sustainability
- Land adjacent to Bowling Club – initial enquiries are being made.
- Roundabouts – ways to plant trees are being explored.
- Meet the candidates meeting – to be deferred to 18 November if possible.
- Recovery into Resilience Project – lack of interest due to Berry being unaffected by bushfire crisis.
- Arbour request – awaiting results from sound tests.
- Berry Community Strategic Plan – Committee members to review and be prepared to discuss at next meeting.
- AGM – we will combine with the Candidates Meeting. Committee nominations to be sought two weeks prior to meeting.
Meeting closed 9.40am.
Next Committee meeting – 4 October by Zoom
Next Forum meeting and AGM – 18 November if Covid-19 rules permit.