Minutes for the Berry Forum Committee Meeting
Meeting on 4 October 2021 at 8.30am via Zoom
Present: David Carter (Chair), Stuart Coughlan, David Brawn, Ian Hendry, Geoff Armstrong, Heather Macdonald, Laurie Watson, John Cullity, Mary Beare.
Apologies: Gail Paton, John Underwood, James Robinson Garry Broadbridge
Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 13 September 2021. Approved
Actions arising from the Minutes – None
Planning & Development
- A group of residents have formed the Defend Berry Heritage Association.
- Farm stay DA in 400 Strongs Rd is for a two storey 200sqm building.
- Agritourism Proposal – Still waiting department statement
- CD21/1715 49 Queen St – Dual occ – Attached 2 new units. No other info available.
- DA20/1494 25 Sunnymede Ln – LEC conciliation meeting arranged
Infrastructure & Facilities
- Queen Street crossings – Chamber update: 2nd crossing location and timing to be deferred until outcome of traffic flow assessment.
- Edward St bridge, plan for late November, but budget and lockdowns may delay project
- Albany St bridge pedestrian crossing has been closed for safety reasons.
Environment & Sustainability
- Dog off-leash area at Boongaree – Community interest is high in accelerating the project. Seating and shade required. David B has been consulting with Bill S at the Chamber. Possible funding from supplier of Berry Vet. Action: David B to draft letter to Council requesting project be prioritised.
- Land adjacent to Bowling Club: David, Margaret Street, Gail and Peter Spillane met and Margaret has approached Council. Strategic Plan has noted that entrances to Berry be kept attractive. Action: Gail and David to draft letter to Council regarding approaches to Berry.
Meet the Candidates meeting – 11 November. Stuart will check hall capacity & vax certificate
- AGM and Committee nominations – Committee members to advise that they are nominating
- Berry Community Strategic Plan – David advised status of action items and priorities. We can refer to the Council-endorsed Strategic Plan in the questions and discussion with the Council candidates.
Meeting closed: 9:51 am
Next Committee meeting – 25 October
Next Forum meeting – 11 November