Minutes for the Berry Forum Committee Meeting
Meeting on Monday 27 July 2020 at 8.30am at Uniting Church
Present: David Carter (Chair), Stuart Coughlan, John Underwood, David Brawn, Heather Macdonald, Laurie Watson, Mary Beare, John Cullity and Gail Paton
Apologies, Geoff Armstrong, James Robinson and Garry Broadbridge
Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 6 July 2020: Approved
Actions arising from the Minutes – None
Planning & Development
- Local Strategic Planning Statement submission – we will advise residents to make their own views known to SCC with a personal submission. Our submission, which will provide statistics about tourist development DA’s across the Shoalhaven, will include –
- Managing the Impacts of Tourist Development
- Managing Growth & Infrastructure
- Heritage -waiting on Historical Society
- Action: Stuart to send newsletter with Forum submission
- Development Committee 4 August – 151 Wattamolla Rd. DCP issues – it is a two-story building and conversion of the garage results in too many bedrooms.
Infrastructure & Facilities
- Berry amenities upgrade at Apex Park – New completion date is end of August
- Edward St bridge – Laurie and Stuart met with Jatish Singh the Council Engineer. Proposal is to remove steel crash barriers and replace with wooden railings.
- KV footpath – requested first stage be between Kentia Cr and Thomas Close and that budgeted funds be diverted to sitet footpath along KV Rd between these two roads
- Queen Street crossings – Council will be raising the crossing by the pharmacy and adding another raised crossing by the motel. RMS will be approached to reduce the 50kph speed limit to 40kph through the CBD.
Shoalhaven Solar Farm – The Repower initiative to facilitate the construction of a 3 MW solar farm in South Nowra is on track and it should be operational in early 2021. Repower is working with the electricity retailer Flow Power. There may be an opportunity for community investment in the project.
L’Etape 2020 cycling event – Forum is ready to provide support with community communication
Request to Chamber re notifying members that TFC petition claim was false. Anthony will be sending an email.
Next Committee meeting – 17 August
Next Forum meeting – 8 October AGM pending restrictions on group gatherings