Minutes for the Berry Forum Committee Meeting
At the Uniting Church on July 9 2018 at 10.15am.
Present: James Robinson (Chair), Stuart Coughlan, David Brawn, Gail Paton, Margot Claringbold, Mary Beare, Laurie Watson, John Underwood, Marilyn Kellett and Garry Broadbridge
Apologies: David Carter, John Cullity
Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 18 June – Approved
Actions arising from the Minutes – None
Draft Agenda for 16 August Forum meeting
- District Park status (Liliana Hutchison) – Next steps re detailed design/ gov grants
- SMR – Annette Frohling
- Bangalee DA – Status Report
- Huntingdale Park – development status report
- NRMA Charging Station – pending
Planning & Development
- Bangalee Motel – Council is reviewing traffic issues; will take until 31 July
- S96 for Huntingdale Park –awaiting confirmation of lodgement
- Low Rise Medium Density – SCC 12 month deferral request has been approved
- Heritage Listing/Protection – Historical Society considering Heritage ‘Feel’ of Berry, and how to preserve it.
- Station Masters Residence – 3500 signatures on petition presented to Gareth
Action: Stuart to include info in Town Crier article.
Infrastructure & Facilities
Council to undertake kerb extension on SE corner of Alexandra/Albert Streets and install ramps outside Shady Fig.
Solar Garden at North Nowra Tip – Business model report and financial modeling to be produced in August for private investors.
NRMA Electric Vehicle Charging Station – NRMA remain interested in Berry in an appropriate site. They will evaluate options and seek Council support to organize community consultation.
Membership issue – Pending
– CCB meeting feedback provided by Stuart
– Live streaming of Council meetings yet to commence
Noticeboard – no response from Chamber yet
TC cut-off date for articles will not be extended
Next Committee meeting – 13 August
Next Forum meeting – 16 August