Dec 6 2018 Committee Meeting

//Dec 6 2018 Committee Meeting

Dec 6 2018 Committee Meeting

Minutes for the Berry Forum Committee Meeting
At the Uniting Church on Thursday Dec 6 2018 at 9.45am. 

Present: David Carter (Chair), Stuart Coughlan, David Brawn, Laurie Watson, Mary Beare, Garry Broadbridge, James Robinson, Gail Paton, Lynne de Graaf, and John Cullity
Apologies: John Underwood and Geoff Armstrong

Minutes of the Committee Meetings held on 12 November – Approved
Actions arising from the Minutes – None

Draft Agenda for 13 December Forum meeting
– 6.45pm Christmas ‘Drinks & Nibbles’ (wine and beer/ donations)
– Gareth Ward update
RMS presentation on Highway upgrade status
– GMS draft discussion paper – Forum input, Present the process and summarize options.
– Edward St bridge update
Station Masters Residence – Update from meeting with State Rail –(Gail)

Planning & Development

  • GMS – awaiting response from planner who authored the Discussion Paper following Gordon Clark’s agreement that the extension of the southern boundary was not intended.
  • Camberwarra Escarpment – Council discussing Potential Planning Controls

Action: Stuart to update committee after viewing podcast of meeting

  • Architects seminar – Update on Q&A from James Robinson

Communication infrastructure key issue to improve lifestyle in Berry 

Infrastructure & Facilities
– Edward Street bridge options – Council yet to report back / pending
– Station Masters Residence meeting on 12 December – Update at Forum meeting

Sustainability
– The Berry Bowling Club has been selected by the NRMA as the site for the EV charging in Berry
– North Nowra Solar Plant Site / Repower. Business plan has been completed. Funded through community buying part of the Solar Power Farm. Council has agreed that the SF can be located on the North Nowra tip site, but it is Aboriginal land. Still need to work with Endeavor energy to link up to their sub-station. Bob Howard and David Brawn talked with Gareth Ward to help fund the first steps.

Council Matters
– District Park update – Council to dicuss costing and next steps on Dec 18th
– CCB Guidelines development – Pending

Other Business
– Gareth Ward to speak to this issue at the Dec Forum Meeting.
– Town Crier update: Forum and other community articles are now limited to 300 word count

Meeting Closed 12:00 pm

Next Committee meeting – Monday 4 February
Next Forum meeting – 13 Dec 2018 and 14 February 2019

2018-12-17T20:01:47+00:00 December 17th, 2018|