Minutes for the Berry Forum Committee Meeting
Meeting on 20 February 2023 8.30am at the Uniting Churc
Present: Ian Hendry (Chair), David Brawn, Stuart Coughlan, Robyn Baxendale, Laurie Watson, Heather Macdonald, Gail Paton and Judith Ball
Apologies: David Carter, Emanuele Rattazzi, Geoff Armstrong and Mary Beare
Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 28 November 2022: Approved
Actions arising from the Minutes – None.
Planning & Development
- Agritourism – Mayor has been asked to conduct a review of properties categorised as ‘Farmland’.
- New service station – Council assessment has not yet commenced. Funding of $600 provided for banner for protest.
- 260 Mt Hay Rd Primitive Camping Refusal Review – LEC Hearing 5-9 June. Still awaiting response from Director Ruprai on his road costs allocations ‘interpretation’.
- Council Strategic Planning– TVA, DCP and HCA proposals. Director McIntyre has responded with context for re-prioritizing at upcoming councillors’ review meeting.
Infrastructure & Facilities
Road repairs status – contract has been awarded for landslip work. We need status of pot hole repairs
Forum Meeting on 2 March
- Presentation by Council on road repairs status – subject to Trevor Dando’s availability
- Service station protest plans – John Jeston
- Agritourism status
- Planning updates
- Preview of Heritage Talk by Andrew Conacher and Fiona Reynolds – Gail?
David B advised that Berry Rotary Club has decided to expand its Small Farm Field Days event at the Showground in September to include a Sustainable Living Expo.
The Expo is currently being planned but will include existing and new exhibitors who wish to display their sustainable products and services and possibly give relevant presentations. Topics such as electric vehicles, renewable energy, energy efficiency, biodiversity, composting/recycling/reuse, food systems/security, etc will be presented. David is interested in hearing from any organisation who wish to participate with exhibitor sites free to not-for-profits.
Next Committee meeting –27 March?
Next Forum meeting – 2 March at the UC Hall; 18 May?