Draft Minutes for the Berry Forum Committee Meeting
Meeting on 11 July 2022 8.30am at the Uniting Church
Present: Ian Hendry (Chair), Stuart Coughlan, David Brawn, Geoff Armstrong, Judith Ball, Robyn Baxendale, Laurie Watson, Mary Beare, and Heather Macdonald
Apologies: Emanuele Rattazzi, David Carter, Gail Paton and Garry Broadbridge.
Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 6 Jun 2022. Approved
Actions arising from the Minutes – None.
Planning & Development
- 260 Mt Hay Rd Primitive Camping Refusal Review – applicant may appeal to LEC
- Council will consider the priority of our TVA, DCP and HCA proposals at 25 July meeting
- New Service Station DA – affected owners have not been contacted. Stuart’s request for renotification and a time extension for submissions has been agreed by Council.
Infrastructure & Facilities
- Road repairs – ongoing, Wattamolla and Woodhill Rds have stop light controlling one lane sections
- Boongaree parking – Stuart and James met with Council’s Project Manager to discuss options to accelerate staged parking.
- Queen Street crossings – confusion over options and TFNSW approval. Stuart will seek clarification at Traffic Committee.
- Discussion on inappropriateness of Council mandating installation of kerb and guttering in roads which have grass swales. Council policy supports grass swales to maintain the character of the area. Stuart to raise with Council.
Forum Meeting 21 July
-Future of David Berry Hospital – Presentation and discussion
-Status of TVA, DCP and HCA proposals
-Boongaree parking update
-Berry Community Strategic Plan update pending
Next Committee meeting – 8 Aug
Next Forum meeting – 21 July. Apologies – Mary, David C, David B.
Future Forum meeting dates, including AGM, to be confirmed.