Draft Minutes for the Berry Forum Committee Meeting
Virtual meeting on Monday 4 May 2020 at 8.30am
Present: David Carter (Chair), Stuart Coughlan, John Underwood, David Brawn, Heather Macdonald, Laurie Watson, John Cullity, Geoff Armstrong, Mary Beare
Apologies: Gary Broadbridge, Gail Paton, James Robinson
Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 7 April 2020: Approved
Actions arising from the Mins – David C letter re transparency of Council processes -Pending.
Planning & Development
- Proposed changes to SLEP subdivision provisions. There were concerns regarding the complexity of the subject matter, minimum lot sizes and multi-dwellings. Agreed that we should discuss with Council planning staff before we inform Berry residents. The Planning Proposal is on public exhibition and submissions can be made until 22 May. Action: Stuart to contact Gordon Clark and circulate draft newsletter.
- 52 Parker Crescent Multi-Dwelling proposal – We need to identify the implications of the Planning proposal for this DA.
- Planning Proposal for 55 Wire Lane – The Planning proposal is with the DPIE in Wollongong for Gateway review.
- Mananga– Council’s dismissal of the Quinns’ complaint to be included in newsletter.
- Beach Road Regional DA – remind residents that submissions close on 15 May.
- DA20/1222 to the agenda – Proposed micro- brewery and restaurant at 466 Kangaroo Valley Rd. Principal concern is traffic concerns and people drinking. Most residents were not notified. We will include in the newsletter to notify residents. Action: John C. to prepare draft.
Infrastructure & Facilities
- Edward St bridge – Kerb and guttering completed. Still waiting on review of road guardrail from Paul Keech.
- KV Road footpath – Long term plan. Motion put to Council to have it done in stages.
Sustainability –David B advised that good progress is being made with the development of the proposed Shoalhaven Solar Farm in Nowra. Flow Power, an electricity retailer, is designing the solar farm and the associated financial model, and they have lodged a DA with Council for the use of the allocated Council land. Repower is preparing an Information Memorandum to inform potential investors of the opportunity to invest in the project. It is anticipated that the Solar Farm could be constructed late 2020 or early 2021 subject to satisfactory progress with the development and the acquisition of adequate funding.
Discussed the permit issued by council for oversize trucks to go up KV Rd.
Next Committee meeting – 25 May 2020
Next Forum meeting – Pending