Minutes for the Berry Forum Committee Meeting
Meeting on 4 September 8.30am at the Uniting Church

Present: Ian Hendry (Chair), David Brawn, Stuart Coughlan, Robyn Baxendale, Laurie Watson, Mary Beare, Emanuele Rattazzi, Gail Paton, Judith Ball, John Jeston and Heather Macdonald

Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 14 August 2023. Approved
Actions arising from the Minutes – None

Planning & Development

  • Draft Berry Showground Master Plan submitted, thanks to Judith Ball,
  • Agritourism Gareth Ward draft bill – submissions due by 13 September. Sue Higginson (Greens) is lobbying the lobbying the crossbench in the upper house. Gareth is lobbying the lower house crossbench and Nationals.
  • Proposed service station status – DA has been withdrawn
  • Council Land Use Planning – DCP and HCA proposals
  • Catherine Barlow made a deputation on behalf of the Forum re the two documents to we sent to Council eighteen months ago. John Wells will put a notice of motion to Council to include the DCP for Berry in Stage 1 of the Planning Scheme. Note: Service station land is available for other services. Important to get the DCP for Berry included in Stage 1 before a new DA is submitted.

Infrastructure & Facilities

  • Boongaree parking status – James Robinson and Stuart met with Kevin Norwood and staff on Friday. A request was made for the Forum to obtain feedback from the community on the need for LV parking and where it should be sited. The need for a bus turning circle was also discussed.
  • Removal of the lighting at the school crossing in Victoria Street is still being pursued.
  • Proposed traffic calming in Queen St – Council has confirmed it will not proceed.
  • Philip’s request to present at Forum meeting was agreed.

Forum Meeting and AGM on 14 September

  • AGM – Laurie to Chair. Election of Committee.
  • Council’s Land Use Planning scheme
  • Community’s achievements –

Service station withdrawn, Mt Hay function centre withdrawn, 23 Parker Cr DA withdrawn, LV parking site removed, Victoria St lighting to be removed, Queen St traffic calming stopped, station master’s cottage saved and renovated.

Other Business

  • CCB working group – Stuart is liaising with other CCB reps on CCB Guidelines and Community Engagement Strategy
  • Petition on private certifiers – Stuart to provide link to petition in newsletter..

Meeting closed 10:15am

Nest Committee meeting – after AGM to elect committee office bearer positions.
Next Committee meeting – 2 October, 6 November
Next Forum meeting and AGM – 14 September, 7 December