Minutes for the Berry Forum Committee Meeting
Meeting on 4 December 2023 8.30am at the Uniting Church

Present: Ian Hendry (Chair), Stuart Coughlan (Secretary), Peter Saul, Robyn Baxendale, Judith Ball, David Brawn, Gail Paton and John Jeston
Apologies: Laurie Watson, Cassandra Harris, Mary Beare, and Emanuele Rattazzi,

Minutes of Meetings held on 20 November. Approved
Actions arising –Berry Medical Centre has sent a submission on the Berry Hotel

Berry Hotel RA23/1002 major redevelopment

  • Staff will make a recommendation to the Regional Panel based on the assessment provided by the independent planner. Councillors make their own recommendation to the Panel.
  • The assessment will not be completed this year.

Agritourism changes – Gareth draft bill
The Minister Paul Scully has sent a letter to everyone who made a submission supporting the draft Bill.

LEP Clause 4.2B
55 Wire Lane DA – Clause 4.2 in SILEP allows a lot to be subdivided, but SLEP 4.2B allows multiple subdivisions. Stuart is trying to obtain the background from Jenna at Council.

CCB Meeting on 23 November
Peter and Stuart provided feedback.


  • Newsletter sent with links to Council documents.
  • Significant growth in personnel costs has not been explained.
  • Boongaree maintenance costs $1m pa

Forum Draft Agenda
6.45pm – Xmas drinks

  • Council’s proposed rates increase – Matthew Norris
  • Berry Hotel DA
  • DCP for Berry
  • New planning rules

Other Business

  • Berry Community Strategic Plan review – David outlined his thoughts and a discussion followed. Action: Robyn & John to contact the Chamber.
  • A presentation on the Station Masters residence will be made at the next Forum meeting.

Next Committee meeting – TBA
Next Forum meeting – 7 December, 7 March