Minutes for the Berry Forum Committee Meeting
Meeting on 30 October 8.30am at the Uniting Church

Present: Ian Hendry (Chair), Stuart Coughlan (Secretary), Laurie Watson (Treasurer), Robyn Baxendale, , Judith Ball, John Jeston, Emanuele Rattazzi, David Brawn, Janet Wood, Sally Lindsay
Apologies: Gail Paton, Mary Beare, Cassandra Harris, Peter Saul

Minutes of the Committee Meetings held on 2nd and 19th October 2023. Approved
Actions arising from the Minutes – None

Forum bank account

  • Ian Hendry has replaced David Carter as Chair of the Forum Committee.
  • Laurie Watson and Stuart Coughlan will continue to be the two signatories on the account.
  • Stuart Coughlan, as Secretary, is the Senior Managing Official who controls the association and participates in making decisions that affect the whole business of the association (see details below). 

Berry Hotel RA23/1002 major redevelopment

  • State MP Gareth Ward joined the meeting to discuss the proposal.
  • A draft agenda for Wednesday’s Information Meeting was discussed.
  • Apologies – John Wells and Patricia are attending NSW Coastal Management Conference
  • Council has appointed The Planning Hub to prepare an independent assessment.
  • There are 26 submissions to-date.
  • Council staff are discussing a public meeting with the JRPP, maybe for late November.
  • A Feros Group representative will present at the Information Meeting

Council Land Use Planning – DCP and HCA proposals

  • Stuart will make a deputation at the Council meeting this evening.
  • Clr John Wells will propose rewording of the Recommendation to include finalization of the Princess Street HCA

Next Committee meeting – TBA
Next Forum meeting– 7 December

Meeting closed 10:20am