Minutes of the Berry Forum Committee Meeting
Meeting on 24 May 2021 at 8.30am at Uniting Church
Present: David Carter (Chair), Stuart Coughlan, David Brawn, Ian Hendry, Laurie Watson, Geoff Armstrong, Gail Paton, Mary Beare, Garry Broadbridge and Heather MacDonald
Apologies: John Underwood, James Robinson, John Cullity
Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 12 April 2021: Approved
Actions arising from the Minutes – None
Planning & Development
- Berry Heritage PP on Public Exhibition – need to get more of Berry included in Heritage Conservation Areas. BDHS has requested that Council employ a heritage manager.
- HPE PP to rezone large lots from R1 to R5. LEC will review 52 Parker Cr on 13th
- DA for 23 Parker Cr, 3 dwellings on 1000 sqm lot. Neighbors who contacted Forum have been put in contact with residents who opposed 52 Parker Cr.
- Sunnymede Lane Council vote – Noted
- Agritourism Proposal – Council submission – Destination NSW Tourism pushing for venues.
- DA for Mananga function centre – Determination deferred to 13 July. Conservation Management Plan was done post completion of function centre.
Infrastructure & Facilities- Noted
- Queen Street crossings
- Edward St bridge – new white lines on the road
- KV footpath
Shoalhaven Solar Farm:
A media announcement is expected in next two weeks. Repower Shoalhaven members will be briefed at their AGM on 27 May. A presentation will be made at the Forum meeting on 10 June.
Rotary’s “Centenary of Trees” project:
Rotary of Berry planted 100 trees by the North Street pathway in April and celebrated the achievement at a community event on 3 May at Boongaree. An article about the project was circulated to committee members and will be featured in the June Town Crier.
- Election –Forum meeting 12th August to meet the candidates. Still may have restricted attendance at SoA.
- Sewage treatment plant is producing tertiary treated water which is being used to keep farms in area drought free.
- L’Etape- end of Nov. Berry Mountain Classic Sept. At May Traffic Committee meeting Stuart reported that Council was unaware of BMC. To be discussed at June Traffic meeting.
Noted- Rotary had over 2000 people at the showgrounds for the Celtic festival.
Meeting closed: 10;15am
Next Committee meeting –21 May
Next Forum meeting – 10 June