Minutes of the Berry Forum Committee Meeting
Meeting on 12 July 2021 at 8.30am at Uniting Churc

Present: David Carter (Chair), Stuart Coughlan, David Brawn, Ian Hendry, Laurie Watson,Gail Paton, Mary Beare, John Cullity and Heather Macdonald
Apologies; John Underwood, James Robinson, Garry Broadbridge and Geoff Armstron

Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 21 June 2021 Approved
Actions arising from the Minutes – David C to check on legality of recording during a meeting.
Outcome: there is nothing that says you can’t record a public meeting.

Planning & Development

  • Development Committee on 13 July – Last meeting of this council
  • DA Mananga– Staff has recommended refusal. Stuart will put our letter to council and the staff recommendations on website follow Development Committee on 13 July with the council’s vote.
  • Mount Hay – Primitive Glamping. Staff have recommended refusal – Council has refused a similar DA in Wollamina . *
  • DA 23 Parker Cr – multiple dwelling development. Staff has recommended refusal. *
  • PP Huntingdale large lots rezoning to R5 – should be ratified*
  • PP Berry Heritage – 2 areas and 12 private residence – should be ratified
  • Voluntary Planning Agreement – Landscape screen planned for area south of Hitchcocks Ln
  • Protecting Berry’s Character – Steps for establishing a Reference Group to develop a draft DCP for Berry similar to Milton were discussed. Stuart will organize first meeting with Toby, Peter Saul and Judith Ball. Once community involvement is undertaken, we can approach council. Peter Saul to project manage, David Brawn has offered to act as our rep.
  • Agritourism Proposal – Stuart to ask DPIE how community input will be considered: Pending

*Update of vote will be put on website following the Development Committee on 13 July

Infrastructure & Facilities
– No updates


  • Rotary has had to replace 3 new trees. The trees on North street have been sponsored by residents and plaques will be placed by the trees.
  • Lease signed for Solar Farm. There will be a meeting next week for investment options
  • David B sought input for a cleanup project of the area next to bowling club

Council Elections –
Postponed to 4 December

Other Business

  • L’Etape – end of Nov. Berry Mountain Classic – deferred to next year.
  • Speed limit on Princes Highway – Heather provided background information and concerns from residents of the Arbour, Grange and Bupa and the noise caused by traffic on the Hwy. One option is to reduce the speed limit for a couple kms on the Berry bi-pass as research has shown it would reduce the noise impact. The other option was the placement of Sound barriers. Arbour noise action group to write to Forum to request support in facilitating sound barriers.

Meeting ended: 10:15

Next Committee meeting – 9 August
Next Forum meeting – October