See Council’s Discussion Paper here
There are four Growth Options proposed by Council (see details here)
- Modified GMS Version 1
- Northern Centric
- Growth Centres
- Consolidate Growth
The Forum Committee is very concerned about the proposed major increase in land available for major development in Berry under Growth Option 1 and has sent this Submission to Council.
The GMS will set the strategic direction for Shoalhaven for the next 20 years and recommend planning changes and other actions to be specifically investigated or considered. It will help determine:
- How and where new housing is provided;
- How best to protect Shoalhaven’s environmentally or culturally sensitive land from inappropriate development;
- How best to adapt to a changing environment;
- How best to improve the health, lifestyles and prosperity of all of Shoalhaven’s existing and future residents; and
- Priorities for infrastructure renewal and business investment.
Character Assessment Report (see Draft) here
Local character and identity is particularly important for shaping distinctive neighbourhoods and invoking a sense of community. Council, together with the NSW State Government, engaged RobertsDay Consultants to prepare character assessments that help identify the existing and desired future character for the majority of Shoalhaven’s existing settlements.
These character assessments form an integral part of informing the GMS process and, once finalised, will be used to inform the preparation of the LSPS for Shoalhaven, and could be used to inform locality specific considerations for development, such as LEP or DCP controls.