Draft Minutes for the Berry Forum Committee Meeting
At the Uniting Church on Monday September 30 2019 at 8.30am
Present: David Carter (Chair), Stuart Coughlan, John Cullity, David Brawn, Garry Broadbridge, Mary Beare, Geoff Armstrong, James Robinson, John Underwood, Lynne de Graaf and Gail Paton
Apologies: Laurie Watson
Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 16 September 2019 – Approved
Actions arising from the Minutes – None
Planning & Development
Huntingdale multi dwelling subdivision – 52 Parker Crescent
– SLEP Clause 4.1 and sub-clauses are complex and lack clarity.
– Huntingdale residents, the applicant and Pindan will be invited to the Forum meeting on 10 Oct.
‘Temporary’ function centres update
– Council supported the staff recommendation to refuse the application for Strongs Road
– Stuart will make a deputation at the Development Committee meeting
Draft Planning Proposal for 55 Wire Lane
– The developer has requested to present at the Forum meeting on 10 oct.
Infrastructure & Facilities
A bronze duck sculpture has been donated to Council for Alexandra Park. Council will present at the Forum meeting and gauge community support.
Shoalhaven Community Solar Farm – David B updated the Committee on progress by Repower to plan and build a 5 MW solar farm on a site off Albatross Road in Nowra.
The main issues are forming a partnership with an electricity retailer and raising funds.
Draft Agenda for Forum Meeting on 10 October
- Huntingdale subdivision
- Update on ‘temporary’ function centres
- Presentation on Wire Lane PP by Michael Park (town planner).
- Bronze duck sculpture
- Request from Callala Bay CCB – renotification of substantial modifications to an approved DA.
Action: Stuart to follow up
- Council notification of removal of five pine trees in Princess Street
- Edward St. Bridge/ Culvert. Work has commenced on demolishing the old bridge.
Draft guidelines to go on website to help residents understand the assistance provided regarding DA concerns. David B circulated some additional views.
Action: Committee to agree guidelines.
Next Committee meetings – after Forum on 10 October; 8.30am on 21 Oct; 11 Nov, 2 Dec.
Apologies: Mary; Geoff.
Next Forum meetings – 10 Oct; 12 Dec