Minutes for the Berry Forum Committee Meeting
At the Uniting Church on Monday December 2 2019 at 8.30am
Present: David Carter (Chair), Stuart Coughlan, Laurie Watson, Garry Broadbridge, Gail Paton, Mary Beare, John Underwood, David Brawn, Heather Macdonald, and Lynne de Graaf
Apologies: James Robinson, John Cullity and Geoff Armstrong
Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 18 November 2019 – Approved
Actions arising from the Minutes – None
Planning & Development
- Tourist Accommodation & Temporary Use of land – Gordon Clarke has been informed by the Department there will be no change to the Standard instrument and the SLEP should be amended.
- Draft Planning Proposal for 55 Wire Lane – proposal was not supported by Council staff.
It will be discussed on 3 Dec at the Development Committee. Stuart to Attend
- Mananga homestead 3 DAs – Council has issued a request for additional information from the applicant.
Infrastructure & Facilities
Berry amenities upgrade at Apex Park – Tender is being decided. On track to start work after the Berry Show
Sustainability – Repower Shoalhaven Solar Farm
David B updated committee on progress. Repower is now talking to neighbours to assess any negative impact. A DA is being drawn up.
Draft Agenda for Forum Meeting on 12 December
- Draft Planning Proposal for 55 Wire Lane – Council decision
- Temporary Function Centres update
- Tourist Accommodation Development Status
- Infrastructure updates – amenities upgrade and Edward St bridge – Laurie
- George St Park sculpture – Margaret Street
- General Business
CCB meeting held on 25 November. Stuart has been invited to share his experience of working with RMS on the Berry Bypass with a joint sub-committee of Ulladulla and Milton CCBs.
- Xmas drinks at next Forum meeting starting at 6.45pm. Arrive at 6:15 for set up
- Heritage listed buildings meeting. David B is investigating what has progressed. Council is still working on a report.
- Heather has made inquiries regarding an emergency evacuation plan for Berry and has been unable to find one yet.
Next Committee meeting – 3 Feb 8:30
Next Forum meeting – 12 December; 13 February 2020
Meeting closed: 10:35