Minutes for the Berry Forum Committee Meeting
At the Uniting Church on Monday Oct 8 2018 at 9.35am.
Present: David Carter (Chair), Stuart Coughlan, David Brawn, Margot Claringbold, Laurie Watson, Garry Broadbridge, John Cullity, John Underwood, Mary Beare and James Robinson
Apologies: Marilyn Kellett and Gail Paton
Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 1 October Approved
Actions arising from the Minutes – None
The Berry to Bomaderry Highway upgrade presentation (Michael Phillips-Ryder) will not be ready for the Forum Meeting on Thursday. Postponed until December Forum Meeting.
Draft Agenda for 11 October Forum meeting
– Boongaree (District Park) status (Liliana Hutchison)
– Stephen Dunshea (Director Finance, Corporate & Community Services)
– iAccelerate – Australia’s largest business start-up accelerator – Omar Khalifa
– Issues with short-stay holiday rental properties – Update: Deputy Mayor Patricia White has offered to present at the Forum meeting on this subject.
– Chairman’s & Treasurer’s Reports
– Minutes of previous AGM to be approved
– Election of Berry Forum Committee.
When attendees are signing in, they will be shown a map and asked if they live or own property within the boundaries of the CCB. If they do, they will be given a ticket, which will be exchanged for a voting ballot when the election is held at the end of the AGM.
Deputy Mayor Patricia White will oversee the vote counting.
Nominees will stand up when names are read out.
Action: Each nominee will provide Stuart with max. 50 words to go up on the website.
Councilors tour Friday 12 October – Stuart, Gail and John U to attend
– Impacts of unregulated short-term holiday rental properties in Berry. For Dec Forum Meeting.
– Historical Soc presentation (Dec) on what is involved in having your property heritage listed.
– Architects seminar on 23 November. No notification received.
Meeting Closed: 10:55am
Next Committee meetings – 11 October, after AGM to elect officers; 22 October
Next Forum meetings –13 December