Oct 22 2018 Committee Meeting

//Oct 22 2018 Committee Meeting

Oct 22 2018 Committee Meeting

Minutes for the Berry Forum Committee Meeting
At the Uniting Church on Monday Oct 22 2018 at 9.35am.

Present: David Carter (Chair), Stuart Coughlan, David Brawn, Margot Claringbold, Laurie Watson, Lynne de Graaf, John Cullity, John Underwood, Gail Paton and James Robinson
Apologies: Geoff Armstrong and Mary Beare

Minutes of the Committee Meetings held on 8 and 11 October Approved
Actions arising from the Minutes – None

Planning & Development

  • Draft Shoalhaven Contributions Plan on Exhibition – John C provided an analysis of the content of the Plan that related to Berry. Following the removal of a planned community facility for Huntingdale we will lobby to have levies collected from the developer expended on improving community facilities in Berry. We will also seek clarity on plans for car parks. Action – John C to draft a submission
  • DA18/2115 for function centre in Strongs Rd – It was pointed out that the owners are already promoting the property for wedding functions. It was agreed that the Committee should send a submission drawing Council’s attention to the LEP issues identified in the neighbours’ submissions and the recent Land & Environment Court decision. Action – Stuart to draft a submission
  • DA18/2106 for café at 117 Queen St – The Committee will send a submission referring to DCP Chapter N2 Berry Town Centre and its references to protecting the heritage characteristics of the town. We will request clarification of the appropriateness of a roller shutter frontage. Action – Stuart to draft a submission
  • Short-term rental accommodation (STRA) – We will seek clarification of the content of the code of conduct that is proposed in the planning framework. 

Draft Agenda for 13 December Forum meeting
– 6.45pm Christmas ‘Drinks & Nibbles’
RMS presentation on Highway upgrade status (Michael Philips-Ryder))
– District Park status (Liliana Hutchison)
– Highway noise – RMS report and GW statement.
– Short term holiday rental issues – code of conduct
– Historical Soc presentation on what is involved in having your property heritage listed.
SMR ?
– Huntingdale update 

Other Business

  • Boongaree (District Park) status – the costings for the project lack clarity. Action – Stuart to request that the key stakeholders are permitted to review the QS figures
  • Bypass noise issue – We will continue to support the residents affected by traffic noise
  • Action – Stuart to suggest to Gareth Ward that Bob Fitzell be involved in reviewing the appropriateness of EPA standards
  • Station Masters Residence – The meeting held on 18 October between Richard Wolfson, Station Precinct Development Manager, and Andrew Killingsworth, Heritage Manager, Sydney Trains, and the Berry Railway Station Precinct Committee was encouraging. Action – Stuart to include outcome of meeting in next e-Newsletter.

Reminder – Only use ‘Reply All’ with email messages if you want other Committee members to be aware of, or comment on, an issue you are raising.

Meeting Closed: 12.15pm
Next Committee meeting – 12 November at 9.45am
Next Forum meeting –13 December

2018-12-10T01:16:19+00:00 December 10th, 2018|