Over 150 people attended the Special Forum meeting, including twenty members of the Shoalhaven Heads Forum. The aim of the meeting was to assist the community with voting decisions by providing an opportunity to meet the candidates, for both Mayor and Ward 1, and ask them questions.
It was a very successful evening, with candidates restricting their presentations to the agreed five minute limits and answering questions from the audience on subjects including –
- How they would support the development of Berry District Park.
- The future renovation and relocation of old timber cottages in Berry.
- Interpretation of the LEP with regard to large scale development on the escarpment.
- Mitigation of flooding of the Shoalhaven River.
- Provision of land for a Seniors Living facility at Shoalhaven Heads
- The most beneficial change to Berry Town Centre after the opening of the bypass.
- Balancing the need for confidentiality with that to honestly inform ratepayers.