Minutes for the Berry Forum Committee Meeting
At the Uniting Church on Monday Mar 4 2019 at 9.45am.
Present: David Carter (Chair), Stuart Coughlan, John Cullity, John Underwood, Laurie Watson, David Brawn, Garry Broadbridge, Gail Paton & Geoff Armstrong
Apologies: Mary Beare, Lynne de Graaf, James Robinson
Minutes of the Committee Meetings held on 4 February 2019 – Approved
Actions arising from the Minutes – None
Planning & Development
Council is intending to review potential amendments to the Shoalhaven LEP treatment of Tourist & Visitor Accommodation. The Committee endorsed a deputation to be made at the Council Development Committee on this subject.
Infrastructure & Facilities
- Following on from last year’s community recommendation that the new toilet block promised for Berry be built to replace the existing facilities in Apex Park, Council has prepared four possible design options. One option is to construct a long building with up to eight cubicles opening onto Prince Alfred St, whereas the other options provide various more compact configurations on a site little bigger than the existing building’s footprint. Given budgetary time constraints, the committee opted for one of the more compact options. Further information and possible colour/material choices will come later and will be made available at the next Forum meeting.
- Edward St bridge repairs – Council has advised that the existing timber road and pedestrian bridges are to be replaced with box culvert units, and the road will then be re-opened to traffic. Action: Stuart to enquire if timber railings could be installed
- Council has advised that penalties have been issued for development carried out at Mananga homestead without consent.
- Council is calling for Expressions of Interest to be part of a Community Reference Group to assist with a review of the Access Areas for Dogs Policy.
Boongaree District Park
The Community and Recreation Unit has submitted a budget bid of $2.6mil over 7 years. Timeline is April – Public exhibition of DPOP /budgets; May – Open for public comment
June – Ordinary meeting – public welcome to make a deputation
- A request from a representative of Warren Mundine to speak at the Forum will be declined. The Committee believes only Council election candidates should address Forum meetings.
- Low attendance at the farmers Market on Thursdays may lead to the event being non-viable.
Meeting closed 11:30 am
Next Committee meeting – Monday 1 April
Next Forum meeting – 11 April