Draft Minutes of the Berry Forum Meeting
Held 13 February 2020 7:30pm at the School of Arts
Present: 72 people, including Deputy Mayor Patricia White Apologies: Clr John Wells
Welcome and Introduction (David Carter – Chairman))
Minutes from meeting held 12 December 2019 were approved.
Local Strategic Planning Statement–
The LSPS is a NSW Government requirement and will be referred to as Shoalhaven 2040. A draft document will be issued for feedback later this year and a community survey (on Council’s website until 13 March) will help to develop the draft.
Draft Planning Proposal for 55 Wire Lane
Council is sending the proposal to the DPE to go through the Gateway assessment process. The 5-step process includes Community Consultation, when submissions will be taken. A newsletter will let the community know how Individual submissions can be submitted.
Huntingdale Multi-Dwelling DA
Council has requested additional information from the applicant relating to SDCP and have advised that a Residents Briefing will be held on 26 February.
Temporary Function Centres
Council has requested additional acoustic reports from the applicant for Tindalls Lane.
Mananga Tourist Cabins DA
- Council asked the applicant to reduce the density of tourist cabins, the required car parking and location of any proposed cabin relative to the property boundaries.
- Matthew Quinn spoke to his application and referred to the SDCP as guidelines for interpretation by Council.
- Bill Woinarski spoke against the DA and raised concerns about the precedent its non-compliance with the SLEP and SDCP would set.
- An update was provided on the construction of the toilet block at Apex Park. A contractor has been selected, but a start date yet to be decided
- Edward St Bridge – we have advised Council that the crash barriers and pedestrian guard rails do not align with the timber railings we have on other bridges.
- The Chamber Committee was asked on 18 Dec to inform their members that the petition stating that the Forum had proposed a reduction in the number of days that existing function centres could operate was false. Chamber members are yet to be informed.
- Council invitation to attend Community Recovery Meetings
- Council notification on planning proposal for 10 Victoria St land north of the Arbor
- Council advice re free disposal of green waste extension till 31 March
- Council request for Blaze Aid assistance
- Discussion with RMS on Berry speed limits
- Advice from Council CEO that the complaint lodged against the Forum by Mr Quinn will be investigated.
- Community funding of the Committee’s legal expenses will be requested when the need arises
- Clean up Australia Day 9am Sunday 3 March at Apex Park.
Meeting Closed at 9pm.
Next Meeting – 9 April.