Minutes for the Berry Forum Committee Meeting
Meeting on 16 November 2020 at 8.30am at Uniting Church

Present: David Carter (Chair), Stuart Coughlan, David Brawn, Heather Macdonald, Mary Beare, Garry Broadbridge, Laurie Watson, John Underwood, Geoff Armstrong, John Cullity and Gail Paton
Apologies: Ian Hendry and James Robinson,

Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 26 October 2020: Approved
Actions arising from the Minutes – Stuart to invite Gareth Ward to a future meeting.

Planning & Development

  • Mananga has lodged a DA to use the shed & silo as a function centre by utilizing LEP Clause 5.10.10 Heritage Conservation Incentives to gain approval. The same approach is being used for the Bolong Rd DA. Clause 5.10.10 is intended to assist owners of heritage items with ongoing costs of conservation. Action Stuart: We will prepare a position paper on the use of 5.10.10.
  • New Strategic Planning Working Group – The agenda was not complete at the first meeting. The next meeting is on 17 December.
  • DA – Tourist resort 275 Bong Bong Rd. John Wells and Patricia White have visited the site. Residents have formed a Steering Committee and engaged Barker, Ryan Stewart to prepare an excellent submission. There are now 130 objections on DA Tracking.
  • Primitive Glamping DAs – the applicant has submitted an updated bushfire report for RFS to review. It was suggested that we contact our local RFS for input and support.
  • There continues to be issues at 599 Coolangatta Rd following the issue of a stop work order on the old dwelling. It will now be demolished.
  • Minimum Lot sizes have been established at 500 sqm by Council.
  • Hitchcocks Lane Planning Proposal – consider putting submission to council recommending minimum lot size of 450 sqm to prevent dual occupancy.

Action: Discuss with Jenna and recommend change to lot size.

Infrastructure & Facilities

  • Amenities building at Boongaree – Received letter from Council CEO that had a number of inaccuracies. Stuart to contact and point out concerns.
  • Queen Street crossings – deferred
  • Edward St bridge – undecided
  • KV footpath – undecided pending budget


  • Shoalhaven Solar Farm: Discussions are proceeding with staff
  • Rotary Centenary Tree Planting – Sourcing land for event which will occur in April.

David has contacted the Garden Club for suggestions.

Other Business

  • Omar re Beach Rd drag racing – no action
  • Council has abandoned the plan to establish a caravan park at The Berry Show Ground
  • Request Gareth Ward to attend Committee meeting. Action: Stuart to send invitation for next year

Meeting closed 10:20

Next Committee meeting – 7 December
Next Forum meeting – ??