Minutes for the Berry Forum Committee Meeting
At the Uniting Church on Monday August 5 2019 at 9.50am.

Present: Gail Paton (Vice-Chair), Stuart Coughlan, John Cullity, David Brawn, Garry Broadbridge, Mary Beare, Geoff Armstrong, James Robinson, John Underwood
Apologies: David Carter, Lynne de Graff and Laurie Watson

Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 1 July 2019 Approved
Actions arising from the Minutes – Covered in Agenda

Planning & Development

  • Growth Management Strategy – Council has issued a Community Engagement Report summarizing the feedback received in submissions in December. The concerns raised by the Forum regarding the southern boundary for growth west of the Highway have not been reported correctly. ACTION: Stuart to raise concerns with Gordon Clark.
  • ‘Temporary’ function centres- we have been contacted by a resident in North Nowra asking for advice re a DA next door to her and have sent her a copy of the Forum submission. Council is now informing new applicants of the L&E Court ruling and asking them to provide proof that their proposals will have no adverse impact on their neighborhood.
  • Committee discussed the reflective roofing being used on 421 Woodhill Mountain Rd. An ‘ageing’ coating has been applied on the roof and it could take 6-12 months to take effect.
  • Moss Vale Rd North development – we will present to the Forum for information.

Infrastructure & Facilities
Apex Park toilets replacement/refurbishment – we are waiting on Council staff for an update.

David B reported on the good progress being made by Repower to develop and implement a plan to establish a 4 MW community solar farm on about 4ha of disused Council land in BTU Road, Nowra

Draft Agenda for Forum Meeting on 15 August

  • GMS update
  • Update on ‘temporary’ function centers
  • Moss Vale Rd North development

Council Matters
Councilors tour on 16th August – John U, Stuart and Laurie will attend. We will suggest that we meet at Huntingdale.
Boongaree District Park business case – the Committee reiterated its full support, and clarified that its concerns related to the excessive total cost communicated by Council.

Other Business

  • Voting for My Community Project – will be included in newsletter
  • Station Masters Residence – discussions continue.
  • AGM in October – notice to go in Town Crier in September.

Meeting Closed 11:45 am

Next Committee meeting – 2 Sept
Next Forum meeting – 15 Aug