Minutes Berry Forum Committee Meeting
Held at Mananga, 40A Princes Highway on Monday 1st February 2016 at 10.15am.

Present: David Carter (Chair), Stuart Coughlan, Mary Beare, James Robinson, Dorothy Hanbridge, Laurie Watson, Hania Norman, Margot Claringbold, John Underwood. Apologies: Marilyn Kellett, Bill Rice and John Cullity

Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 14 December – Approved
– Wheelchair/pram access on road corners to be covered in Strategic Plan. Margo and Laurie to investigate potential locations requiring funding.
– Duck-pond island – FH sponsorship needed.
  Action: John Underwood will file sponsorship request with FH

Agenda Items for Forum meeting on 11 February
. Fulton Hogan will present first – 15 min presentation plus Q&A time
. Strategic Plan -10 minutes plus Q&A time
. Council amalgamation update. At the Council CCB meeting, which Stuart, John U and Mary attended, the anti-merger rationale was unclear. Council is against the merger and the Uladulla CCB voted to oppose amalgamation. Stuart & Hania will attend the public meeting with the Delegate on Wednesday 3 February.
. Berry Trails update – an update will be available for April Forum meeting.
. Toilets – will be covered in the Strategic Plan. Council has agreed to funds being ring fenced until a site is agreed.
. Major projects update
Mt Hay – Council to submit a list of contentions (reasons for refusal) to the L&E Court today. Land use permissibility was a major omission from the assessments.
Action: Stuart will contact Council if permissibility is not added to the Contentions list and the Committee will formally register its concerns with Council.

Beach Rd – Council is providing in principle support for the rezoning application, based on several restrictions on the proposed development (eg minimum lot sizes).

35 Clarence St- A DA for a day care center with 25 places has been approved. A new DA seeks to increase the number to 37. No traffic assessment has been conducted for a narrow cul-de-sac street. Residents are opposed to the new DA.
Action: Stuart to check that the DA will be called up so councilors will review it.

Strategic Plan

  • James provided an update on the process, outcomes to date and next steps.
  • The Residents Survey will be distributed by mail drop (including PO boxes), via the Forum email database, via the Clubs email databases and hard copy at the IGA. The online version is available on the website.
  • The winner of the Visitor Survey voucher will be announced on the website.
  • The next Town Crier full-page article is being prepared.
  • A youth survey is planned using social media and approaching schools.
  • The results of the surveys will go to the consultant for analysis.
  • The Sub-Committee has put together the consultant tender process that council will use and will be involved in the selection process.

Other Business
– Council feedback is that Alexandra St./service station site is not suitable for a toilet block.
– Notice board – ads and old Alliance notices to be replaced with a large street map.
Action: John U. to talk to Ross about keeping the noticeboard ad-free.

Next Meeting – Monday Feb 15 at Mananga. Meet in IGA car park at 10am