April 4 Committee Meeting

//April 4 Committee Meeting

April 4 Committee Meeting

Minutes Berry Forum Committee Meeting
Held at the School of Arts on Monday 4th April 2016 at 10.15am.

Present: David Carter (Chair), Stuart Coughlan, , Mary Beare, John Cullity, , James Robinson, John Underwood, Hania Norman, and Dorothy Hanbridge. Apologies: Laurie Watson, Bill Rice, Marilyn Kellett, and Margot Claringbold.

Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 14 March – Approved

Actions Arising from Minutes
– Margo to draft letter to Allan Blackshaw of SCC Access Committee – Action pending
– School of Arts works- there has been no work done to date.
  Action: Dorothy to contact Anne Sudmalis to confirm grant will be held over.

Agenda Items for Forum meeting on 14 April

  • Fulton Hogan presentation
  • Strategic Plan update
  • Berry Trails Project update
  • General Business – Council recycling buy-back facility
  • Historical Society presentation on plaques (added after meeting)

Strategic Plan
James presented an analysis of the resident survey data prepared by Locale Consulting (who have been endorsed by Council). There were 400 resident responses, of which 300 were online – a great result.
Action: James to prepare TC article for 13 April

It was agreed that the future of Queen Street will be controversial and we do not want it to dominate workshop discussions. We will consider dealing with it as a separate issue. To be discussed at future SP Sub-committee meetings.

Mount Hay DA
– L&E Court hearing will be held onsite on 2nd May at 10:30am. The Court hearing will be held in Sydney – date to be advised.
– Six witnesses will provide evidence supporting Council’s refusal of the DA.

Other Business
– Noticeboard – content will be discussed with the Chamber of Commerce.
– Mary and James will attend an update meeting on Berry District Park
– Protocols were discussed for assessing what material is appropriate for sending to Forum members via our email distribution list.

Future meetings
– 18 April at the School of Arts 10:15 am
– 9 & 30 May
– 20 June (Forum 9 June)

Meeting closed 11:30 am.

2016-04-13T10:29:30+00:00 April 13th, 2016|