Draft Minutes for the Berry Forum Committee Meeting
At the Uniting Church on Monday April 1, 2019 at 9.45am.
Present: David Carter (Chair), Stuart Coughlan, John Cullity, John Underwood, Laurie Watson, David Brawn, Garry Broadbridge, Gail Paton, Mary Beare & Geoff Armstrong
Apologies, Lynne de Graaf, James Robinson
Minutes of the Committee Meetings held on 4 March 2019 – Approved
Actions arising from the Minutes –
– Edward St Bridge Repairs: action pending (Stuart)
Planning & Development
- Council has informed all CCBs of the Development Committee actions arising regarding Tourist and Visitor Accommodation (TVA)
- Stuart has found that other Councils include TVA in their LEP Schedule 1 for specific land sites to be developed.
- Noted that more than 80 objections have been submitted for ‘Temporary’ function centres at Strongs Rd and Tindalls Lane. Next Development Committee Meeting is May 7. Stuart to speak regarding Forum’s position.
- Beach Road Planning Proposal will be going on public exhibition shortly.
- Huntingdale status – pending, but it appears that Council has ruled against a public reserve
10.30am Discussion with Chamber – Anthony Houghton & Bill Seelis
- Broughton Court noticeboard has been renovated.
- Highway signage on north side – update on potential location to match sign on south side
- Container deposit removal from Bowling Club as not financially viable
- Rotary had been approached by Liliana H. suggesting funding for the Apex Park toilets be transferred to the District Park Project.
Tourist Accommodation – view of AH
- The Forum Committee is pushing a single point of view that is not representative of the Community
- There has not been a “lot of consultation” with the community on what the changes mean
- Rural business is having to diversify and visitor accommodation is an opportunity for rural land owners.
- Decreasing land values are resulting from landowners not being allowed to do what they want to do.
- The community needs to discuss the options and “different points of view”.
- The Forum Committee, as a CCB, does not have the right to discuss these issues with State government representatives
Infrastructure & Facilities
New toilets at Apex Park – Choice of colours and materials to be put on display at next Forum meeting for residents to comment on.
Solar farm – David Brawn advised that the proposed Shoalhaven Community Solar Farm in the Nowra area is being progressed by Repower and that an application for a grant from the State Government’s Regional Community Energy Fund is being prepared to support it.
Draft Agenda for 11 April Forum Meeting
- Tourist & Visitor Accommodation – Proposed Amendments to LEP
- ‘Temporary’ function centres at Strongs Rd and Tindalls Lane
- Apex Park toilets – update
- Beach Road Planning Proposal update
- Historical society – Heritage listing explained
Kangaroo V Rd – single centre line marking approved. Work to commence when funds available.
Signage at JAG take-away shop – Stuart has informed Council of community concerns.
Boongaree District Park
The $4 Million grant would be provided to Rotary, and Rotary will be driving the project in conjunction with Council.
Next Committee meeting – 29 April, 20 May, 3 June
Next Forum meeting – 11 April, 13 June,
Meeting Closed 12:15