Minutes for the Berry Forum Committee Meeting
Meeting on 3 October 2022 8.30am at the Uniting Church
Present: David Carter (Chair), Stuart Coughlan, David Brawn, Emanuele Rattazzi, Judith Ball, Robyn Baxendale, Laurie Watson,
Apologies: Geoff Armstrong, Ian Hendry, Gail Paton, Garry Broadbridge, Mary Beare, and Heather Macdonald
Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 11 July 2022. Approved
Actions arising from the Minutes – None.
Planning & Development
- 52 Parker Cr complying development consent – we have asked Patricia White and Tonia Gray to put up a notice of motion at the 10 October Council meeting.
- Hitchcocks Lane subdivision design – we have invited the developers to present at the Forum meeting
- STRA – the Mayor’s proposal re housing affordability measures aligns with a similar initiative at Randwick Council.
- New service station status – we will seek assistance from Gareth Ward in contacting the OTR owners. We consider the ancillary description of the franchise food establishment to be invalid. The fuel area has been reduced and the store area significantly increased.
- 260 Mt Hay Rd Primitive Camping Refusal Review – the LEC Conciliation Conference will be held on 19 October.
- Council Strategic Planning prioritization meeting – Council is holding a meeting on Saturday12 November.
Infrastructure & Facilities
- Boongaree parking – meeting with Council to be held on 5 October. We will request that the community be given options for the location of LV parking.
- EV charging – David Brawn’s email to be sent to Omar Khalifa.
Forum Meeting 13 October
- Recovery into Resilience Presentation by Council
- Hitchcocks Lane subdivision design
- Boongaree parking update
- Planning & Development Updates
AGM – All Committee members other than Garry are renominating. We have not received any new nominations.
Next Committee meeting – 31 October, 21 November
Next Forum meetings – 13 October, 8 December