Minutes for the Berry Forum Committee Meeting
Monday 29 Apr 2024  8.15am at the Uniting Church

Present: Ian Hendry (Chair), Stuart Coughlan (Secretary), Peter Saul, Robyn Baxendale, Judith Ball, David Brawn, Gail Paton, Mary Beare, Laurie Watson and John Jeston via phone link,
Apologies: Emanuele Rattazzi, and Cassandra Harris
Minutes of Meeting held on 8 April Approved.  Actions arising from Minutes: None

Berry Hotel RA23/1002 major redevelopment

  • The Committee questioned the need for Council selling the Princess St Car park when its policy is to create more parking areas for Berry as stated in the Access development policy. Action: Stuart to contact Patricia White to seek more information. Action: Judith Ball to put some notes together on why this sale makes no sense.
  • Photos and video of car parking and accommodation impacts to be sent to lawyer.
  • Lawyers want the Forum to coordinate 6 speakers. Still to be determined.

CCB meetings and Council rates proposal
The CEO rejected the proposal supported by 15 CCBs to establish a Finance Advisory Committee. Council’s budget for 2024/25 will go on public exhibition during May.The Forum Committed was updated on correspondence.

SCC Community Engagement Framework
Residents can contribute by completing the online survey which is open until 15 May.Action: Stuart to put link out in Newsletter

Berry DCP
Awaiting next stage of community engagement activity. Stuart will make enquiries.

Proposed Local Character Planning Proposal
Clrs Gray and Wells were successful in getting the Berry Township included in the areas for heritage investigations as part of Stage 2 of the New Land Use Planning Scheme.

408 Bunkers Hill Rd
Council approved ‘function centre’ characterised as a ‘dwelling’ to gain consent.

55 Wire Ln subdivision using SLEP Cl 4.2B & E
No progress to report at this time.

Communications (held over till May 20th as John and Cassandra were away)
Facebook and Instagram status and potential use of QR codes

Other Business

  • Ignite Berry on 31 It was proposed that we should all try to attend.
  • Defibrillator newsletter – noted.
  • Andrew Killingsworth to be invited to June Meeting re Station Masters Residence update

Meeting Closed: 9:40
Next Committee meeting – 20 May
Next Forum meeting – 20 June