Minutes of the Berry Forum Committee Meeting
Meeting on 24 May 2021 at 8.30am at Uniting Church

Present: David Carter (Chair), Stuart Coughlan, David Brawn, Ian Hendry, Laurie Watson, Geoff Armstrong, Gail Paton, Mary Beare, Garry Broadbridge and Heather MacDonald
Apologies: John Underwood, James Robinson, John Cullity

Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 12 April 2021: Approved
Actions arising from the Minutes – None

Planning & Development

  • Berry Heritage PP on Public Exhibition – need to get more of Berry included in Heritage Conservation Areas. BDHS has requested that Council employ a heritage manager.
  • HPE PP to rezone large lots from R1 to R5. LEC will review 52 Parker Cr on 13th
  • DA for 23 Parker Cr, 3 dwellings on 1000 sqm lot. Neighbors who contacted Forum have been put in contact with residents who opposed 52 Parker Cr.
  • Sunnymede Lane Council vote – Noted
  • Agritourism Proposal – Council submission – Destination NSW Tourism pushing for venues.
  • DA for Mananga function centre – Determination deferred to 13 July. Conservation Management Plan was done post completion of function centre.

Infrastructure & Facilities- Noted

  • Queen Street crossings
  • Edward St bridge – new white lines on the road
  • KV footpath

Shoalhaven Solar Farm:
A media announcement is expected in next two weeks. Repower Shoalhaven members will be briefed at their AGM on 27 May. A presentation will be made at the Forum meeting on 10 June.

Rotary’s “Centenary of Trees” project:
Rotary of Berry planted 100 trees by the North Street pathway in April and celebrated the achievement at a community event on 3 May at Boongaree. An article about the project was circulated to committee members and will be featured in the June Town Crier.

Council Matters

  • Election –Forum meeting 12th August to meet the candidates. Still may have restricted attendance at SoA.
  • Sewage treatment plant is producing tertiary treated water which is being used to keep farms in area drought free.
  • L’Etape- end of Nov. Berry Mountain Classic Sept. At May Traffic Committee meeting Stuart reported that Council was unaware of BMC. To be discussed at June Traffic meeting.

Other Business
Noted- Rotary had over 2000 people at the showgrounds for the Celtic festival.

Meeting closed: 10;15am

Next Committee meeting –21 May
Next Forum meeting – 10 June