Minutes Berry Forum Committee Meeting
Held at the School of Arts on Monday 9th May 2016 at 10.15am.

Present: David Carter (Chair), Stuart Coughlan, Margot Claringbold, Dorothy Hanbridge, Bill Rice, John Underwood, Laurie Watson, James Robinson, Hania Norman
Apologies: John Cullity, Mary Beare, Marilyn Kellett,

Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 18 April- Approved 

Actions Arising from Minutes
– The untidy fruit stall signs have reappeared along Queen St. Action: John U to inform Council again
– Council to be requested to provide funding for kerb ramps, Action:
– Protocols for use of Forum email distribution list. Action: Review at next meeting.

Strategic Plan Update

  • Anthony Colfelt has had to resign from the Sub-Committee due to work commitments, but will stay in touch with developments. His involvement has been very valuable.
  • Locale are working on how to communicate the analysis of the survey data and the key themes back to the community.
  • Sunday 19 June at 1.30pm at the School Hall has been set for a community planning workshop. Seven worksations will be hosted to explain what we are trying to achieve
  • The event will be published in the Town Crier and on the website and notified by email.

Mt Hay Hearing at the Land & Environment Court

  • Mt Hay Rd Retreat appears to be operating as a boutique hotel, which is a prohibited use in an E3 zone. Action: Stuart to ask Council Compliance Manager to investigate.
  • The owner has applied for additional farm stay accommodation, but is seeking permissibility under the description of ‘tourist and visitor accommodation’. Action: Stuart & David to write to the Planning Minister as this a statewide issue.
  • At the L&E Court appeal hearing on 3 May, Council’s legal defence was considered to be inept. This has undermined the Committee’s trust in Council’s upholding of the LEP.

DA for 29 Strongs Road
The same concerns over permissibility have arisen, due to the actions of the planning firm Cowman Stoddart. Action: The concern will be raised in the letter to the Minister.

Other Business
– Include the Forum in the list of Community Groups in the Town Crier. Action: Stuart
– The first anniversary of the Forum to be mentioned in the TC with a brief summary of achievements. Action: Stuart to draft.

Future meetings at the School of Arts 10:15 am
– 30 May, 20 June (Forum 9 June)

Meeting closed 11:50 am.