Minutes for the Berry Forum Committee Meeting
Meeting on 21 February 2022 8.30am at the Uniting Church

Present:  David Carter (Chair), Stuart Coughlan, David Brawn, Geoff Armstrong, Mary Beare, Judith Ball Gary Broadbridge, Robyn Baxendale and Emanuele Rattazzi.
Apologies: Gail Paton, Laurie Watson, Heather Macdonald and Ian Hendry.

Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 24 January 2022. Approved.
Actions arising from the Minutes –
Agritourism – Stuart to contact Destination NSW to seek rationale for proposal – Pending
Stuart to talk Jenna regarding what Council is doing in regard to new land uses.

Stuart to send proposed tourist accommodation LEP changes to Councilors
Pending: Awaiting clarification of Agritourism impacts.

Planning & Development
260 Mt Hay Rd Primitive Camping Refusal Review – staff are reviewing BRS submission

Protecting Berry’s Character – Princess St additional HCA
> 223 responses to newsletter endorsing the proposed new HCA
> Judith advised that preparations to send request to Council has been finalized
> Forum will lobby councilors

Defend Berry Heritage Association – meeting on 10 Feb.
> Stuart attended meeting. Await further correspondence.

Rezoning Changes – the DPIE has proposed significant changes that replace Planning Proposals with Rezoning Applications, and an approval process similar to DAs with Council assessing and determining proponent-initiated applications. The DPIE would not be involved, and the Gateway process would be scrapped.

Infrastructure & Facilities

Boongaree long vehicle parking area – presentation at next Forum meeting to see if it has community support. Then approach Council.
IGA Carpark – suggested change to entry/exit arrangements – present at Forum meeting.
Queen Street crossings – Ccl Roads Mgmt team seeking approval from TfNSW on scope variation

Environment & Sustainability
Footpaths –Laurie’s input needed, and discuss priorities at Forum meeting
Dog off-leash area at Boongaree update – comments from meeting to go into document and
eventually put on public exhibition.
45 degree rule for trees – Mayoral Minute discussion postponed to next Council meeting.

Next Forum Meeting Agenda
Boongaree long vehicle parking area- Toby Gibson
Planning priorities & Rezoning Applications proposal – Stuart
Footpath priorities – Laurie
Carpark suggested change to entry/exit arrangements – Laurie

Other Business
Berry Community Strategic Plan – Pending

Meeting closed 10:22 am

Next Committee meeting – Stuart to advise
Next Forum meeting – 10 March