Minutes for the Berry Forum Committee Meeting
Meeting on 2 May 2022 8.30am at the Uniting Church
Present: David Carter (Chair), Stuart Coughlan, David Brawn, Geoff Armstrong, Ian Hendry, Judith Ball Heather Macdonald, Robyn Baxendale and Laurie Watson.
Apologies: Gail Paton, Emanuele Rattazzi, Garry Broadbridge and Mary Beare.
Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 21 February 2022. Approved.
Actions arising from the Minutes – None
Planning & Development
- Stuart met with with James Ruprai – Director City Development and discussed the TV proposed amendment to the SLEP.
- The proponents for the DA for 275 Bong Bong Rd have requested a presentation at the next Forum meeting, after which they will lodge their DA.
- Agritourism – Council supported a motion to include the new Farm gate and Farm experience premises as Prohibited Uses in the SLEP rural zones.
- Protecting Berry’s Character – there was a brief discussion on potential next steps following the completion of the DCP and Princess St. HCA proposal to Council.
Infrastructure & Facilities
- Woodhill Mtn Road condition – awaiting Council response to resident proposed actions to reduce traffic on single lane.
- Boongaree – awaiting Council response on our letter concerning lack of parking and site for long vehicle parking area
- Queen Street crossings – Council is seeking approval from TfNSW on scope variation
Environment & Sustainability
David B informed the Committee about the Rotary Adopt-A-Tree initiative for environmentally impacted areas.
Forum Meeting Agenda for 12 May
- Introduction to James Ruprai– Director City Development
- 275 Bong Bong Rd DA for tourist resort – presentations by proponent and residents
- Tourist Development LEP Amendment for Berry and Kangaroo Valley
- Agritourism – Council decision
- Protecting Berry’s Character – DCP and Princess St HCA
- Woodhill Mtn Rd condition
- Boongaree parking status
Berry Community Strategic Plan Update – Pending
Meeting closed 10:28 am
Next Committee meeting – 30 May
Next Forum meeting – 12 May