Draft Minutes for the Berry Forum Committee Meeting
Meeting on 13 December 2021 8.30am at the Uniting Church

Present:  Ian Hendry (Chair), Stuart Coughlan, David Brawn, Geoff Armstrong, Heather Macdonald, Laurie Watson, Mary Beare, Judith Ball and Robyn Baxendale.
Apologies: David Carter, Emanuele Rattazzi, Gail Paton and Garry Broadbridge.

Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 11 November 2021. Approved
Actions arising from the Minutes – None

Council Elections
Discussion on results – Stuart presented potential outcomes for the elections.
Ward 3 decided, Ward 1 and 2 will depend on informal votes and then preferences. 

Planning & Development

  • Protecting Berry’s character –
  1. Encourage Council to start work on Local Character Overlays for sensitive areas. Provide examples from Wingecarribee Council work to-date.
  1. Review and promote draft proposal for Princess St HCA. DBH and Historical Society have jointly prepared a document for Council and seek the Forums support. Action: Stuart to circulate to Committee for review, prior to including in a newsletter and presenting at the Feb Forum Meeting.
  1. Lobby Council to start work on a DCP for Berry similar to Milton’s
  • 260 Mt Hay Rd Primitive Camping – anticipate around 100 objections.
  • Agritourism – Stuart will send our Mt Hay DA objection to DPIE to emphasize how its proposed planning changes could be exploited. 

Infrastructure & Facilities
Queen Street crossings – no updates

Environment & Sustainability

  • Dog off-leash area at Boongaree – in response to the Chamber and Forum’s request for it be fast tracked, Council has responded with a time frame of 12 months.
  • Land adjacent to Bowling Club – Council could find no biosecurity hazard issues.
  • Roundabouts – investigating plantings as a Rotary project with landscaper Ken Hutt. Garden Club is also interested.
  • Nature Play Park – Council will employ a full-time Asset Manager for the park. 

Other Business – none.

Meeting closed: 10:05

Next Forum Meeting – 10 February
Next Committee meeting 17 January