Minutes for the Berry Forum Committee Meeting
Meeting on 13 December 2021 8.30am at the Uniting Church
Present: Ian Hendry (Chair), Stuart Coughlan, David Brawn, Geoff Armstrong, Heather Macdonald, Laurie Watson, Mary Beare, Judith Ball and Robyn Baxendale.
Apologies: David Carter, Emanuele Rattazzi, Gail Paton and Garry Broadbridge.
Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 11 November 2021. Approved
Actions arising from the Minutes – None
Discussion on results – Stuart presented potential outcomes for the elections.
Ward 3 decided, Ward 1 and 2 will depend on informal votes and then preferences.
Planning & Development
- Protecting Berry’s character –
- Encourage Council to start work on Local Character Overlays for sensitive areas. Provide examples from Wingecarribee Council work to-date.
- Review and promote draft proposal for Princess St HCA. DBH and Historical Society have jointly prepared a document for Council and seek the Forums support. Action: Stuart to circulate to Committee for review, prior to including in a newsletter and presenting at the Feb Forum Meeting.
- Lobby Council to start work on a DCP for Berry similar to Milton’s
- 260 Mt Hay Rd Primitive Camping – anticipate around 100 objections.
- Agritourism – Stuart will send our Mt Hay DA objection to DPIE to emphasize how its proposed planning changes could be exploited.
Infrastructure & Facilities
Queen Street crossings – no updates
Environment & Sustainability
- Dog off-leash area at Boongaree – in response to the Chamber and Forum’s request for it be fast tracked, Council has responded with a time frame of 12 months.
- Land adjacent to Bowling Club – Council could find no biosecurity hazard issues.
- Roundabouts – investigating plantings as a Rotary project with landscaper Ken Hutt. Garden Club is also interested.
- Nature Play Park – Council will employ a full-time Asset Manager for the park.
Other Business – none.
Meeting closed: 10:05
Next Forum Meeting – 10 February
Next Committee meeting 17 January