Minutes for the Berry Forum Committee Meeting
At the Uniting Church on Monday November 18 2019 at 8.30am

Present: David Carter (Chair), Stuart Coughlan, Laurie Watson, Garry Broadbridge, James Robinson, Gail Paton, Mary Beare, Geoff Armstrong, John Cullity, David Brawn and Heather Macdonald
Apologies: John Underwood and Lynne de Graaf

Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 21 October 2019 – Approved
Actions arising from the Minutes – None

Planning & Development

  • Letter from Mr Quinn’s lawyer regarding access to Council information on penalties for unauthorised works at Mananga homestead. Action: Laurie and Stuart to meet with Trevor Barker
  • Community Information Session re Tourist Accommodation & Temporary Use of land. Agreed that we will circulate a newsletter with a summary of the key points from the information session, with a link to Council’s slides. We will encourage participation in completion of the questionnaire. Action: Stuart to circulate draft to Committee first
  • Agreed that we should notify the police about the malicious email. Action: Stuart to contact police.
  • Draft Planning Proposal for 55 Wire Lane – the draft proposal is scheduled to go to the Development Committee on 3 December.
  • Community Participation Plan – discussion held regarding the lack of information re the location of the radius point in regards to notifications to neighbours?

Infrastructure & Facilities
Edward St bridge replacement – work in progress.

Sustainability – Repower Shoalhaven Solar Farm
There is good progress with the establishment of a 3MW (AC) Solar Farm in the Shoalhaven, including the selection of an electricity retailer, the leasing of suitable land off BTU Road, Nowra and engagement with Endeavour Energy about grid connectivity. We are seeking to gain a grant from the NSW Government through its Regional Community Energy Fund.

Council Matters

  • Road safety project for Kangaroo Valley Rd. We will advise Council we support.
  • CCB meeting 25 November – Stuart to attend

Other Business

  • Xmas drinks – Mary to circulate request for food to committee members.
  • David B updated the Committee on the SCC meeting re the process of heritage listing.
  • Gale offered to redo Forum information sheet signage at Broughton Court. Larger A3 format.

Transformative Pathways Project
David B is involved in a Council project to propose new strategic directions for the Shoalhaven. This project is being coordinated by academics from Griffith University and involves both community and Council representatives. The final workshop will take place in December after which a report will be produced for Council consideration in early 2020.

Next Committee meeting – 2 Dec
Next Forum meeting – 12 December Time: 6:45 Christmas Drinks 7:30 Forum meeting

Meeting closed: 10:20am