Minutes for the Berry Forum Committee Meeting
Held at the School of Arts on Monday 19th September 2016 at 10.15am.

Present: David Carter (Chair), Stuart Coughlan, Dorothy Hanbridge, Margot Claringbold, Mary Beare, Marilyn Kellett, John Underwood, Laurie Watson.
Apologies: Hania Norman, John Cullity, Bill Rice and James Robinson.

Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 29 August – Approved

Actions arising from the Minutes –

  • Beach Rd Planning Proposal – Stuart checking on impact of State Govt Rezoning Review
  • Discussion with the Minister – the Dept of Planning are preparing options to present to the Departmental Secretary on 23 September.

Council Election results

  • New Mayor – Amanda Findley.
  • Ward 1- one councilor from each of the four groups, Andrew Guile, John Wells, Nina Cheyne and Annette Alldrick.
  • Council will consist of 5 Watson Shoalhaven Independents, 3 Greens, 3 Team Gash, 1 Country Labor. First meeting of the new Council will be Tuesday 4 October at 3.30pm.

Action: Stuart to prepare a brief to be sent to the new Councilors and Mayor on key issues for Berry over last 12 months. 

Committee nomination process
Forum members will be invited to nominate for the 2016/17 Committee by 4 Oct. If an election is necessary, voting will be held via the website.
Action: Stuart to email Forum Members on 20 Sept. for Committee nominations.

Strategic Plan
James will present the SP to Council Group Directors on Wednesday 21 September.

Berry District Park
John U. is meeting with James Harris at Council to discuss the development of the District Park. He will request feedback on the public response to the document on exhibition and request further clarification on the process for naming the Park.

Draft agenda for next Forum meeting

  • Welcome to Ward 1 Councilors
  • Fulton Hogan update
  • Strategic Plan status
  • District Park status
  • Update on DoP and meeting with Minister
  • Update on Green Plaques Project

Draft agenda for AGM

  • Confirmation of Committee members.
  • Finance status
  • Setting up sub committees. Identify focus areas and encourage participation.

Action: Provide guidelines on scope and procedures – further discussion required.

Laurie reported a balance of $1566.

Next Committee meetings – Thursday 6 Oct, and after AGM on 13 Oct to elect officers.

Meeting Closed at 12pm.