Minutes for the Berry Forum Committee Meeting
Held at the School of Arts on Thursday 6th October 2016 at 10.15am.
Present: David Carter (Chair), Stuart Coughlan, Dorothy Hanbridge, Hania Norman, John Cullity, Bill Rice, James Robinson, Margot Claringbold, Marilyn Kellett, John Underwood
Apologies: Laurie Watson, Mary Beare
Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 19 September – Approved
Actions arising from the Minutes – None
Committee nomination process
Only one nomination received (David Brawn) so election not required.
Action: Committee members to be endorsed at AGM.
James presented the SP to Council Group Directors on Wednesday 21 September. Further presentations planned to RMS and Gareth Ward.
Unspent budget of around $10,000 is available for a suitable initiative, with Council agreement.
Berry District Park
- John U. met with James Harris at Council to discuss the development of the District Park.
- Exhibition submissions and Council staff recommendations will be presented at the Strategy & Assets Committee on Tuesday. John has requested a deputation.
- We will emphasise the special nature of the Park and the need for urgent funding to proceed with design work, prior to requesting a State Gov. grant.
Agenda for Forum meeting on 13 October
– Welcome to Ward 1 Councilors
– Fulton Hogan update
– Strategic Plan status
– Focus Area Sub-committees
– District Park status
– Update on Green Plaques Project
– Endorsement of Committee members.
– Chairman & Treasurer Reports
– Agreed with Nancy that we can have an extension to Friday 14 October for input.
Next meetings – after AGM on 13 Oct, 7 Nov, 28 Nov
Meeting Closed at 12pm.