Minutes for the Berry Forum Committee Meeting
At the Uniting Church on Monday Nov 12 2018 at 9.45am
Present: David Carter (Chair), Stuart Coughlan, David Brawn, Laurie Watson, Mary Beare, Garry Broadbridge, John Underwood, James Robinson, Gail Paton, Lynne de Graaf, Geoff Armstrong
Apologies: John Cullity
Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 22 October – Approved
Correction to Minutes: Apology from Garry Broadbridge had been received.
The Committee wanted to record that the work undertaken by Margo Clairingbold on behalf of the Forum and the Berry community had been invaluable and she will be greatly missed.
Boongaree District Park
Stephen Dunshea arranged a meeting of key stakeholders to discuss the detailed design process and requests for grants.
Action: Letter prepared by Council in support of a State grant will be signed on behalf of the Forum.
The Committee discussed and approved a response to Mr. Corrnish’s letter.
Planning & Development- Update information
- Shoalhaven GMS – Draft Discussion Paper & Character Assessment – It was agreed we should inform the community about the survey, the growth options and potential impacts on Berry, and provide links to our website for the relevant information. Action: Stuart to issue newsletter with links to Discussion paper and Character Assessment.
- DA18/2115 for function centre in Strongs Rd –the Committee will follow up on the use of the property as a function centre without DA approval.
- Short-term rental accommodation – The Committee will not be making a submission, but will follow up on the content of the code of conduct.
Architects Seminar in Berry on 23 Nov.
Changing Faces of Country Towns
The Committee will assist with communicating that there will be a community Q&A session
Draft Agenda for 13 December Forum meeting
– 6.45pm Christmas ‘Drinks & Nibbles’ (wine and beer/ donations)
– Gareth Ward update
– RMS presentation on Highway upgrade status (Michael Philips-Ryder))
– District Park status (Liliana Hutchison)
– GMS draft Discussion Paper
– Edward St bridge –Should Edward St remain open or closed
– Huntingdale update (if there is information to report)
– CCB meeting 15 Nov- Stuart and John U will attend
– Amenities – Stuart will respond to Council confirming there has been no change to the support for the Apex Park replacement previously expressed by the community.
Next Committee meeting – Thursday 6 Dec 9:45am (Laurie apology)
Next Forum meeting – 13 December 6:45 (Mary apology)
Meeting Closed 11:50