Minutes for the Berry Forum Committee Meeting
At the Uniting Church on Monday July 1 2019 at 9.45am.

Present: David Carter (Chair), Stuart Coughlan, Laurie Watson, David Brawn, Gail Paton, Armstrong, John Underwood & Lynne de Graff.
Apologies: John Cullity, Mary Beare, James Robinson, Garry Broadbridge

Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 3 June 2019 – Approved
Actions arising from the Minutes – None

Planning & Development

  • ‘Temporary’ function centres in Berry and Kangaroo Valley – assessments ongoing.
  • Berry Heritage investigations – Council is proposing the heritage listing of 25 properties and 2 Heritage Conservation Areas in the SLEP. Community consultation will commence shortly.
  • An application for tourist accommodation has been made in Bong Bong Rd. It does not comply with the DCP controls for maximum floor area or minimum distance from a boundary.
  • A new building at 421 Woodhill Mountain Rd has reflective roof materials. We will make enquiries of Council to locate the relevant DA.

Action: Stuart to follow-up. 

Infrastructure & Facilities
Members of the Chamber Committee are lobbying for new toilets in Alexandra St. We are informed that a councilor is lobbying on their behalf.
Action: Update to be provided to the community in the next eNewsletter.

Shoalhaven Community Solar Farm: David B updated the Committee on progress made by Repower to develop a Farm in Nowra.
It was agreed that a flyer about a Community Briefing meeting  (from 6 pm – 7 pm on Thursday 25 July in the CWA rooms in Nowra) would be circulated to Berry Forum members when available.

Council Matters
Steve Thompson from Locale Consulting has been tasked with developing a business case for funding for Boongaree District Park.
Committee members are extremely concerned with the estimated cost of more than $15million for construction and delivery, and believe the development will not be supported by the community unless there is a significant cost reduction.
Action: Stuart to advise Council GM of the Committee’s view.

Other Business
Noticeboard – Action: Stuart to put agreed information on the noticeboard.

Meeting closed 11.25 am

Next Committee meeting –5 Aug
Next Forum meeting –15 Aug