Minutes Berry Forum Committee Meeting
Held at the School of Arts on Monday 11th July 2016 at 9.15am.

Present: David Carter (Chair), Stuart Coughlan, Margot Claringbold, Dorothy Hanbridge, Bill Rice, James Robinson, Hania Norman, Marilyn Kellett, Mary Beare, John Underwood, John Cullity
Apologies: Laurie Watson

Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 20th June– Approved
Actions arising from the Minutes – None

Strategic Plan
The draft Strategic Plan document is with the Sub-committee for review. It will be emailed to members and posted on the website in the next three weeks.
It has been recommended that a series of working groups/sub-committees be established for ongoing management of each of the 7 key themes of plan.

Berry District Park – Proposed Sub-Committee
There has been a good response to the request for nominations for the Sub-committee.
We are seeking to achieve a good balance and diversity of views.
It was agreed that scope and process be developed, and agreed by the Committee, to provide operational parameters and direction. We will then reply to the applicants.
Action: John U, Hania, and Mary to prepare scope and process. James to provide guidance from the Strategic Plan.

Topics for 11 August Forum meeting
Fulton Hogan update
Strategic Plan update
Pre-AGM discussion on structure of Forum committees/working groups
13 Oct AGM – Expressions of interest for participating on committees/working groups
LEP update on meeting with the Minister
Special Forum meeting for Council election candidates (incl. Mayor) September 1st.

LEP Loophole Update

  • Stuart and Will Armitage met with Gareth Ward to enlist his support for the meeting with the Minister. David and Stuart will meet with Rob Stokes and Gareth on 3 August. The results of this meeting will be used to provide direction on future LEP concerns.
  • Council’s Compliance Manager is still working through the issues in relation to Mt Hay operating a Boutique Hotel, which is prohibited in an E3 zone..
  • Council’s GM has sent a seven page letter in response to the Forum’s criticism of Council’s defence at the L&E Court appeal. However, the response does not address any of the five major concerns the Forum had identified. Councillors Patricia White and John Wells have been asked to intervene on the Forum’s behalf.

Other Business

  • Council elections are on 10 Sept. At the special Forum meeting, candidates will each have five minutes to present, followed by questions from the floor.
  • Gareth Ward will ensure that Berry Sports & Rec management can liaise with the Forum.
  • Town Crier article required by Wednesday.
  • Brad Davis at Council has requested that proposed kerb ramp locations be prioritized. We do not believe that is the Forum’s role. Brad stated that kerb ramps will only be considered if there is an existing footpath.

Future meetings
8th August at 10.15am.

Meeting closed at 11:15