It’s the First Anniversary of the Berry Forum – our first official public meeting was held on 11 June last year.
Over the last 12 months we have made a lot of progress –
- A Committee of 12 elected members has been meeting every 2-3 weeks and the meetings are productive and enjoyable.
- Forum public meetings are held bi-monthly on the second Thursday of the month and attendance has varied between 60 and 80 on a regular basis. Fulton Hogan present at the beginning of each Forum meeting on progress with the Highway and their plans for future works.
- We have networked with the other main groups in Berry and offered a communication channel out to the community. Council departments now have a conduit to the Berry community, and requests from Council are always dealt with promptly.
- We’ve established a quality website which relays important information to the community, promptly and with clarity, and our email distribution now reaches over 700 residents. Minutes of every Forum meeting and Committee meeting are posted on the website, normally within 5 days of the meeting.
- In September last year a Sub-Committee was formed to oversee the development of a Strategic Plan for Berry and the concept and development process was presented to the community at the October Forum meeting.
- In September a presentation was made to the Forum on the preliminary Berry District Park Master Plan and we have continued to work closely with Council on the project.
It’s been a productive and rewarding twelve months and the Committee is looking forward to maintaining momentum with the development of the Strategic Plan for Berry. There’s never been a better time to get involved!