Minutes for the Berry Forum Committee Meeting
At the Uniting Church on Monday June 3 2019 at 9.45am.

Present: David Carter (Chair), Stuart Coughlan, John Cullity, Laurie Watson, David Brawn, Garry Broadbridge, Gail Paton, Mary Beare, Geoff Armstrong, James Robinson, John Underwood & Lynne de Graff.

Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 29 April 2019 – Approved
Actions arising from the Minutes –
Laurie Watson: Apex Park toilets construction to begin this Winter. Size still being assessed.

Planning & Development
‘Temporary’ function centres in Berry and Kangaroo Valley – assessments ongoing.
Local Character overlay – Historical Society comments to be sent to Council for information

Infrastructure & Facilities

  • Melissa Dunn, the Northern engineer of Shoalhaven, to be asked about further projects in Berry and to walk through what plans there are.
  • Mark Radium Park – new shelter being built and concerns pond is not holding water


  • Shoalhaven Community Solar Farm: David B reported that the Repower Committee (to which he belongs) is making good progress with a site in BTU Road, Nowra. A connection to Endeavour Energy’s network is economically feasible, and two energy retailers are in discussions about partnerships. The Farm will focus on meeting the energy needs of businesses in the Shoalhaven.
  • New Sustainable Energy Policy – Council approved the Policy on 28 May. It includes targets for emission reductions.

Council Matters
Draft Delivery Program, Operational Plan and Budget
Action: Stuart to ask staff to brief the Committee on the process.

Deadline dates for feedback on Council policies and documents
Action: Stuart to advise Council that we support Red Heads CCB’s request that feedback not be requested over the December/January holiday period

Other Business
Noticeboard – Action: Gail to prepare draft material

Draft Agenda for Forum Meeting 13 June
– Berry to Bomaderry Upgrade status
– Proposed Stage 6 for the Arbour
– Update on ‘temporary’ function centres
– Local Character Overlay
Meeting finished 11:35pm

Next Committee meeting – 1 July, 5 Aug
Next Forum meeting – 13 June, 15 Aug