Minutes for the Berry Forum Committee Meeting
Meeting on 6 June 2022 8.30am at the Uniting Church
Present: David Carter (Chair), Stuart Coughlan, David Brawn, Geoff Armstrong, Ian Hendry, Judith Ball, Robyn Baxendale Gail Paton, Emanuele Ratazzi and Laurie Watson.
Apologies: Heather Macdonald, Garry Broadbridge and Mary Beare.
Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 2 May 2022. Approved.
Actions arising from the Minutes – None
Planning & Development
- 275 Bong Bong Rd – the amended DA is yet to be lodged.
- 260 Mt Hay Rd Primitive Camping Refusal Review – will be considered at 27 June Council meeting
- The TVA, DCP and HCA proposals will be prioritised at the upcoming Council Strategic Planning meeting.
- The Historical Society will request that Council consider engagement of a full-time Heritage Contractor to undertake the refinement and advancement of both the HCA and the DCP.
- We have asked Councillors Patricia White and Tonia Gray to propose a Notice of Motion to remove Clause 4.2A (subdivision for tourist development) from the SLEP, and reference to ‘tourist resorts’ from the SDCP.
Infrastructure & Facilities
- Road repairs – Council work ongoing
- Boongaree parking – Stuart and James Robinson met onsite with the CEO, the project manager Kathy Thomas and the operational manager Kevin Norwood.
- Queen Street crossings – there is confusion over options and TfNSW approva. The Forum supports the Chamber’s preferred position.
Environment & Sustainability
David B updated the Committee about the Rotary Adopt-A-Tree initiative for environmentally impacted areas.
Forum Meeting 21 July
- Recovery into Resilience Project – Council presentation
- Future of David Berry Hospital
- Berry RFS – new station not proceeding?
Berry Community Strategic Plan Update – Pending
Meeting closed 10:05 am
Next Committee meeting – 4 July
Next Forum meeting – 21 July