Minutes for the Berry Forum Committee Meeting
Meeting on 25 October 2021 8.30am at the Uniting Church

Present: David Carter (Chair), Stuart Coughlan, David Brawn, Ian Hendry, Geoff Armstrong, Heather Macdonald, Laurie Watson, Mary Beare, Gail Paton,  John Underwood, James Robinson and Garry Broadbridge
Apologies: John Cullity

Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 4 October 2021. Approved
Actions arising from the Minutes – None

Planning & Development

  • Protecting Berry’s Character – Janet Wood provided background to the formation of the Defend Berry Heritage group. The Committee felt that the name should be more positive to avoid being labelled anti-development, eg ‘Promoting Berry Heritage.’ The group will develop terms of reference on how we could work together. The group’s objectives are strongly supported by the Berry Strategic Plan and are supported by the Committee. Action: Heather to liaise with Janet.
  • Agritourism Proposal – the DPIE is yet to provide an update on direction.
  • DA20/1494 25 Sunnymede Ln – LEC conciliation meeting. Councillors supported the staff recommendation to accept the proponents’ changes.
  • DA21/2173 Expansion of the Arbour – James briefed the Committee on the DA’s progress.
  • State driven changes to developer contributions                                                                      Action: Stuart to send support of Councils plan to State Government

Infrastructure & Facilities
Queen Street crossings – the Traffic Committee Minutes were noted.

Environment & Sustainability

  • Dog off-leash area at Boongaree – Council looking into plans
  • Land adjacent to Bowling Club –Environmental Services has surveyed the area and there is no biosecurity risk, so the owner can’t be forced to clear the ground. Council is looking at the potential for purchasing the land.

Other Business
Arbour request – Initial round of noise tests conducted before sound barriers erected.
Second round will be conducted after barriers completed and lockdown over.
Looking a peak noise levels at night.

Next Committee meeting – 11 November post AGM.
Action: Committee members need to send email to Stuart to re-nominate

Meeting Closed: 10:45 am