Minutes for the Berry Forum Committee Meeting
Meeting on 22 February 2021 at 8.30am at Uniting Church

Present: David Carter (Chair), Stuart Coughlan, David Brawn, Ian Hendry, Laurie Watson,John Underwood, Geoff Armstrong, Gail Paton, Mary Beare
Apologies: John Cullity, Heather MacDonald, Garry Broadbridge and James Robinson

Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 18 January 2021 – Approved
Actions arising from the Minutes – No response from letters to Chamber re Mananga

Discussion held on how to demonstrate a mandate for submissions to Council in the absence of Forum meetings. Potentially use newsletter to engage community response: ‘Would you be willing to participate in an electronic vote?’ ACTION: Stuart to check with Ian on using Survey Monkey to capture community responses.

Planning & Development

  • DA for 57 Victoria St – 66 objections to two storey building
  • DA Mananga function centre – 140 objections – Request for additional info. Sent to applicant
  • DA Bong Bong Rd tourist resort – 140 objections – RFS letter, Request for additional info
  • DA Mt Hay Primitive Glamping – 160 objections – Applicant hasn’t replied to RFS letter. Asset protection zone is where glamping is proposed. No flammable materials in APZ.
  • DA Parker Cr – LEC Conciliation Conference 8 March re Council refusal. Clause 4.1F
  • Strategic Planning Working Group – Tourist Development SLEP changes
  • Milton DCP –Action: Stuart to investigate how we progress Berry version with Council
  • Function centres – Byron and Wingecarribee Councils are permitting in RU2 zones

Infrastructure & Facilities

  • Queen Street crossings – No information regarding project start date.
  • Edward St bridge – and other bridges have sent letter requesting update


  • Shoalhaven Solar Farm: Still hoping to construct the solar farm in 2021.
  • Rotary Centenary Tree Planting: After extensive community consultation and strong support, Rotary plans to proceed with the proposed avenue tree planting programme involving 100 small trees along the North Street path in the first half of 2021.

Council Matters

L’Etape road closure communications – Our role is to communicate with the community, and all questions should go to L’Etape organisers. ACTION: Stuart

Other Business

  • Forum website address – Stuart to investigate paying 2 years in advance to delay the process
  • Station Masters Cottage- Garden Club is looking at landscaping for the area around it.
  • Historical Society has storage issues with the number of items donated. Looking at acquiring the RFS building behind the Museum.

Meeting closed 10:40 am

Next Committee meeting – 22 March
Next Forum meeting – April 15