Minutes of the Berry Forum Committee Meeting
Meeting on 21 June 2021 at 8.30am at Uniting Church 

Present: David Carter (Chair), Stuart Coughlan, David Brawn, Ian Hendry, Laurie Watson,Geoff Armstrong, Gail Paton, Mary Beare, Garry Broadbridge and John Underwood,
Apologies: John Cullity, Heather Mac Donald, James Robinson

Guests: Toby Gibson, Ron Carberry (apologies – to be invited to another meeting).

Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 24 May 2021 Approved
Actions arising from the Minutes – None

Review of Forum Meeting on 10 June
Action: David C to check on legality of recording during a meeting.

Planning & Development

  • DA for Mananga function centre – Discussion on letter to be sent from Forum Committee. DA will go before Development Committee on 13 July.
  • Protecting Berry’s Character – Discussion of email from Peter Saul suggesting an approach to organizing the development of a draft DCP for Berry similar to Milton to give the town a level of protection in DAs. Action: Establish reference group (Toby, Peter Saul and Judith Ball) and develop questions for candidates at next Forum Meeting.
  • Agritourism Proposal – Action: Stuart to ask DPIE how community input is to be considered

Infrastructure & Facilities
No updates


  • Information about investing in the Solar Farm will be out in a couple weeks
  • For noting NSW is looking a plastic bag free and recycling initiatives
  • Government is looking at removing stamp duty from Electric Vehicles and considering user pays for recharging stations at some point.

Council Matters

  • Election – Develop set of questions for candidates at the August Forum meeting Action: To be discussed at next Committee meeting
  • L’Etape and Berry Mountain Classic status – Stuart has written to Paul Keech asking when we will receive info regarding both events. L’Etape has sent out press release confirming dates.

Other Business

  • Work for Sound Walls for Windsor Drive and HPE residents is still pending
  • Mini-crime wave in Berry. Action: Ian Hendry to contact relative authorities.

Meeting ended: 10:20

Next Committee meeting –12 July – Apology Mary Beare
Next Forum meeting – 12 August